The chain

treeve

Major Contributor
Let's pick up on Dream ... Rush (but quietly) ...
Dream at Night, Owls of delight ... Fly By Night ...
Moon rise, thoughtful eyes
Staring back at me from the window beside
No fright or hindsight
Leaving behind that empty feeling inside.

They also did Fountain of Lamneth ... part iv Panacea
The whiteness of confusion
Is unfolding from my mind
I stare around in wonder
Have I left my life behind?

I catch the scent of ambergris
And turn my head, surprised
My gaze is caught and held and I
Am helpless, mesmerized

Panacea, liquid grace
Oh let me touch your fragile face
Enchantment falls around me
And I know I cannot leave

CHILLYWILLY

On the theme of poetry

I must go down to the sea again
To the lonely sea and the sky
I left my shoes and socks there
I wonder if they're dry

:cool:

treeve

Major Contributor
Which leads to one of the best Albums cut ... by Julio Iglesias.
He cut right through his past years, the public image and his talent, with Crazy. His story of determination after something that would have caused many to give up.
It is not only that 'Smoke gets in your eyes'

treeve

Major Contributor
Only ewe? Maybe a few rams ... That takes me to Andy Sheppard, and one of the most innovative and remarkable performances I have heard, one such piece was 'Gas and Air' from Delivery Suite.

symons55

Staff member
Gas and air.......that's classic........classical gas...........Mason williams......to John Williams.......song without words.........

treeve

Major Contributor
John Williams son of Leonard Williams, Woolly Monkey expert who set up the Looe Monkey centre. John Williams was with Sky until 1984, one track was Westway ...

treeve

Major Contributor
1984 was the amazing concept album by ex Genesis composer musician Anthony Phillips ... he later made Sail the World (1994) ... so I make the link the group Sailor, main member Georg Hultgreen, who composed some of the most remarkable songs ever, particularly Violet Dew, sung by Eclection with the magical singer Kerrilee Male, she disappeared from the music scene, leaving Sandy Denny to hold her torch.

symons55

Staff member
Oh yea, Sandy Denny and Fairport Convention....Who knows where the time goes.......this leads us to one of my favorite singers......Eva Cassidy.....Fields of Barley....and many others....

treeve

Major Contributor
Whilst on singers with amazing voices ... Maggie Reilly (with Mike Oldfield), Moonlight Shadow

treeve

Major Contributor
Speaking of Moonlight, perhaps I should include Sam Brown (daughter of Joe and Vicki Brown), who was just on Pink Floyd Pulse DVD (staggering concert) with The Great Gig in the Sky .... she has such a powerful voice ... not as sweet and pure as Kerrilee Male it has to be admitted.

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
A great session on Pulse was Learning to Fly ... which leads to Wish I could Fly by Roxette, and that leaves me with the great Marie Frederiksen, and Listen to your Heart ....

treeve

Major Contributor
Roxette were Dressed for success, presumably getting ready for another Voyage Voyage, by the incomparable, amazing singer with the oh so beautiful voice, Desireless ....

symons55

Staff member
Alison Moyet, a fantastic voice, could listen to her all night, love her version of Love Letters......leads me to.... 'say I love you in a song' by one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters Jim Croce, who, died just as this song was released, another one of his which is very apt......Time in a Bottle.........

Top Bottom