The chain

bear

Well now! since you've mentioned The Stones, one of my favourite bands. Jean Genie by David bowie, who sang "dancing in the street with Mick Jagger. My link is

under my thumb..........the stones.

symons55

Staff member
Where do we go from here? The Stones.... anyone our age has been brought up with the Stones, to find a link from this is difficult, very difficult, but, as a muusician the only link I can think of..'it's only rock and roll but I like it'......

CHILLYWILLY

Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan - All Along the Watchtower - also performed by Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze and Voodoo Chile.

symons55

Staff member
Purple Haze can take us back to Purple Rain by Prince, Prince also did 'when your dancing close and slow' .............'slow dancer' by Tina Turner who also did 'nutbush city limits'.....................

CHILLYWILLY

Links

Tina Turner - Golden Eye - James Bond

James Bond - Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger, Moon Raker.

Moon Raker - Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (From the Pulse Album, probably the greatest guitar solo ever)

symons55

Staff member
Mmmmm, Difficult one to follow but for lyrics but with Pink floyd I'm 'lost for words' which leads on to the Bee Gees, so many hits, so many links, how about 'Islands in the stream' Kenny rodgers and Dolly Parton, she did one called the letter, this was a song done by the Boxtops and cry like a baby......................

treeve

Major Contributor
Speaking of hertz, how about Raindrops keep falling on my head ... Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ... the Burt Bacharach song? Cycles? Hertz? :)

CHILLYWILLY

Burt Bacharach - What the World Needs Now - Dionne Warwick

Dionne Warwich - Walk on By - It Might as Well Rain Until September

September - Earth Wind and Fire

treeve

Major Contributor
Earth, Wind, Fire? The one remaining Element is Water, so
September in The Rain - Frank Sinatra

symons55

Staff member
Hollywood Nights by Bob Segar he also wrote Midnight Rider leads to Riders in the Storm by The Doors.............

treeve

Major Contributor
and thence to Martha's Vineyard, and the tearing race of the Nantucket Sleighride by Mountain

Top Bottom