November the 5th

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
well its that time of year once again...seems to be coming quicker each year, No I'm not talking about Christmas! ::11:
Just wandering how many of you go to a ticket based firework display? and if you do which would you recomend?

we normally wrap up warm!, and drive to a spot so's we can see for miles, and wait to see the various fireworks. Or a few years ago we would buy our own fireworks and light them in our back yard,not something that I personally would recomend, as can be very dangerous.

so back to my original question, if you went to see and paid for tickets to see a firework display which would it be?

looking forward to reading your replies::15:

symons55

Staff member
Never paid to see one, like you it was at home or controlled partys at friends, in latter years used to drive to good vantage points and watch them from the warmth of the car. so in answer to your question, I wouldn't pay to see one.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
many years ago we used to go to the Alverton School display, and for the price of the ticket gave you a choice of 3 different soups, tea/coffee/hot chocolate was a good show of fireworks too! really enjoyed the event, but know I think it has been stopped due to health and saftey rules.

tabtab13

Only paid to go and see one once years ago - and it was ok. My best Fireworks Night memories go back to when I was kid. My brother and I would save our pocket money for weeks and buy individual fireworks from the basement of what was Phillips the toy shop, bottom of Arcade steps and stock pile them. Couldn't wait for it to get dark in anticipation, but when it did, we'd let them off in the back garden. Mum would do baked potatoes in the oven - she wasn't happy about having a bonfire in the garden!

I think going to a display is great for seeing something spectacular, but I think given a choice, I'd still go for something on a smaller scale at home.

I believe last year, a lot of displays never happened because of Health and Safety and crippling insurance. And I'm sure I read that somewhere, they weren't allowed a big bonfire, so they had a large video screen showing a film of a bonfire! Weird.

Top Bottom