This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

BBQ some time in JUNE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sparky, Dec 7, 2011.

1. sparky

sparky Authoritarian Staff Member Administrator

would like to know your preferred dates for a Picture Penzance BBQ to be held at ours (Steff & Tracey's house)
    back yard has been done out and completed thanks to Steff's (HH) hard work in the rain,
    (the pics are on here somewhere so you can see the transformation!!)

depending on numbers who attend (there maybe a small charge or a donation for the food)
    I normally buy my meat from Lenterns, Vivian Olds, and if anyone has any preferences or don't eat meat, then now is the time to say!
    so long as I know what to get in advance its not a problem, there will also be pasta, salad and my homemade Kebabs on skewers
    Bring a bottle (or 2) or what you would like to drink, (coffee, tea's, juices will be available anyway & soft drinks for children)

children are welcome I'm sure we can find something for them to do?
    (we have a bouncy castle, as we brought one years ago!! but alas our children have almost grown up now, so the bouncy castle is put away somewhere in the shed)

let us know your thoughts on this, as in dates etc and later on HH will put up a poll if there is enough interest.
    and of course it would be good to just have some good food and a natter and get to know you all,
    look forward to the replies xx::15:

2. BayOfPlenty

BayOfPlenty Member

How about some time in June? Oh, hang on...

3. sparky

well if thats your reply guess your not intrested? hahaha!xx

4. denanmor

denanmor Member

Yes please. Two adults and a child. All meat eaters. One adult and one child loves bouncy castles. :)

5. BayOfPlenty

BayOfPlenty Member

Now, I didn't say that, sparky :D

6. Tropicgal

Tropicgal Janner/ Senior Member

Would love to attend but the earliest we will be in PZ will possibly be end of September for a wedding but we have not finalised this trip as yet.

7. Gemz Marland

Gemz Marland Senior Member

3 adults one chhild mark, gemz, sixmum, vic the tic

8. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

Gives me a date to get sorted, Wiltshire Farm Foods are all very well ............................... :)

9. symons55

symons55 Moderator Staff Member

One old boy with wine will travel ::15:

10. sparky

Bbq to be held on saturday 9th june 2012

We have decided on a date for the BBQ to be held in June it will be on Saturday 9th (Pokerboys Birthday) hehe... (there will be a small charge or a donation for the food, all monies recieved will go back into Picture Penzance)
    I normally buy my meat from Lenterns, Vivian Olds, and if anyone has any preferences or don't eat meat, then now is the time to say!
    so long as I know what to get in advance its not a problem, there will also be pasta, salad and my homemade Kebabs on skewers
    Bring a bottle (or 2) or what ever you prefer to drink, (please note although we would love to provide the alcohol, it may prove too costly!) (coffee, tea's, juices will be available anyway & soft drinks for children)

children are welcome I'm sure we can find something for them to do?
    (we have a bouncy castle, as we brought one years ago!! but alas our children have almost grown up now, so the bouncy castle is put away somewhere in the shed)
    and now with added disco equipment! (long story lol) anyways sooooo hope you can attend it will be a chance to meet other members and enjoy good company and good food, hope you can come? see you soon Sparky & Halfhidden xx::15:

11. sparky

okay then... the 9th June is fast approaching and I would like to know roughly how many burgers/sausages to get/buy in, would prefer to buy too many rather than not enough to go around.
    so will need a rough estimate of what peeps will be eating and who's deffo coming! (you can of course pm me if you prefer)
    will be making pasta/salad/hm kebabs on skewers as well so let me know asap please xx Thanks everyone xxBBQ#::15:

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  12. sparky

just wanted to bring this thread to the top so's its veiwable, need to know who's coming to the BBQ so's I can start organising the buying/collection of all the foods etc you can let me now via pm if you prefer, cheers x::15:

13. Wren

Wren All-powerful

Pity I live so far away----bouncy castle, just up my street lol

14. symons55

symons55 Moderator Staff Member

I'll be there......::15:

15. ChrisTru

ChrisTru All-powerful

You'll have to play on that one then Wren!!::11:

16. Wren

Wren All-powerful

It took me a while to get what you were on about ChrisTru lol

17. ChrisTru

ChrisTru All-powerful

Well if you've got a bouncy castle up your street, everyone can come there!!!

18. sparky

I found this thread at last!
    Seeing as we have had rain for the past few days and I have just realised that the Royal Cornwall show is on also, we are going to CHANGE THE DATE TO SUNDAY 17TH JUNE here is our number to ring 01736 333898, please ring BEFORE venturing to ours as I for one would hate to dissapoint, may start it later on in the afternoon instead if its not pouring down! but obviously will have to wait and see what its like on SUNDAY.
    For those who wish to have directions then please PM me for details....keeping fingers crossed it will be sunny! ::15:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  19. sparky

just bumping this to the top to save me looking for it later on! see you all next Sunday weather permitting x::15:

20. sparky

hoping to get bouncy castle out of the shed tomorrow, hasnt been used for many years and we have re done the back yard so hope it will still fit in there!::15: