Phillack Church, nr Hayle
The Anglican church was originally the parish church also of Hayle: it was built in the 15th century and rebuilt in 1856 by William White but the tower is original. It is part of the Godrevy Team Ministry. The font is probably not medieval; half a coped stone is in the churchyard. Two early stones have been found embedded in the original village church. One bears a ‘Constantine’ form of a Chi-Rho cross which may date to the 5th century; it was afterwards rebuilt into the wall directly above the apex of the arch of the doorway of the new church. The second is simple memorial stone bearing the name of ‘Clo[tualus] [son of] Mo[bra]ttus’, dated between the fifth to eighth centuries, and now stands in the churchyard. Arthur G. Langdon (1896) recorded the existence of six stone crosses in the parish, including two in the churchyard.