This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

Seagulls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tabtab13, Sep 4, 2010.

1. 46traveller

46traveller Member

No seriously guys, please don't deliberately feed them ice cream, takes the paint right off the roof of cars. Handy if you wanted streaks in your hair, so not all bad news............

2. symons55

symons55 Moderator Staff Member

Don't taste nice either......::11:

3. Merlyn

Merlyn

If man had left the balance alone in the first place, I would probably have agreed with you there. But as even the strongest have to struggle to survive, then its not the likes of me thats interferring. Im not only referring to food sources but natural habitat too. So many people seem to prefer slabs or gravel instead of a lawn with flowerbeds, fences and walls rather than the beauty of hedgerows, buildings not trees...... it just goes on. TabTab hit the nail on the head; the human race is a nasty virus.

Also, if I werent meant to help an animal in need, then I wouldnt have happened upon it in the first place. I would pass through ten minutes earlier, ten minutes later, or even gone a totally different way.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  4. 46traveller

46traveller Member

Sorry Merlyn, I'm a realist, destiny or fate doesn't come into my thoughts, got no time for that. If you believe in them, good luck, but I like life to be a little more up to me. Every day is a challenge, you either meet it head-on, or wait and see what happens. I've never been one for waiting. All the best with what you do..

5. symons55

Destiny is what happens, I don't believe we are masters of our own destiny, it's all mapped out for us, it gives us comfort to think we can influence what will happen, to that degree I get some comfort, but, what will be will be.

6. 46traveller

46traveller Member

"What will be will be" We know a song about that, don't we children??

7. symons55

He he, don't know how to spell the rest.......k sirra sirra....::11: ::11:

8. 46traveller

46traveller Member

Death is inevitable, but as Bill Hicks said, "You can get off the ride anytime you like". No fate or destiny there, just choice, unless of course it's a conspiracy, and it was indeed ordained. LoL [​IMG]

9. symons55

10. Halfhidden

Halfhidden Untouchable Staff Member Administrator

[video=youtube;9l_aDKhFcm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l_aDKhFcm0[/video]

My assumption is that they aren't local. This video was shot down by the harbour in Penzance.

11. Merlyn

Merlyn

OMG..... what a vicious attack. The poor girl must have been terrified.....

Case rested..... seagulls are victims of slander.

12. tabtab13

tabtab13 Active Member

Idiots.
    If one of the birds had damaged her eyes you can just imagine the news headlines - 'Girl loses sight after vicious seagull horror attack.'
    It's never, ever a good idea to tease a wild animal - or bird in this case.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  13. Halfhidden

I agreed complete idiots... everyone knows seagulls should be fed wholemeal ::11:

14. 46traveller

46traveller Member

Maybe that's what they do for fun in Ireland, evidently in the next You Tube installment, she wears a pork chop on her head at windsor safari park, quite looking forward to that episode !!!!

15. symons55

I've had trouble with birds for years....::11: ::11: ::11:

16. 46traveller

46traveller Member

What d'ya mean ? Did you have to put bread on yer head as well ??[​IMG]

17. tabtab13

tabtab13 Active Member

Ummm ... I do believe my post has been hacked! Don't remember putting the word 'cornish' in - or that line of code either!

18. Halfhidden

mmm looks like a hook error to me. I've edited the post and removed the hook.::1:

19. treeve

treeve Major Contributor