This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

broadband noise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by treeve, Oct 3, 2010.

1. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

View attachment 203 Here is the master socket installed by BT, questionable? Note the impressed case.

2. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

3. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

well, after Symons55 carefully went over the "system" and pronounced a definite BT noise, I rang BT --- they tested, and pronounced it clear. It is clearer now than it has been over the last two months. BT suggested a noisy filter ... funny it has been in use at the old house with no problem. Getting the engineer in in Wednesday am. We shall see .. Sounded like a small war going on. I know what I heard. The minute they knew it had been tested by a qualified electrian it all goes clear and extraordinary bills are quoted.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  4. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

The internet connection held for a good while and has gone very noisy and switched off at 10 oclock

5. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

Anyone frying chips ?

EDIT
    Just read the post above... Wednesday

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  6. Halfhidden

Halfhidden Untouchable Staff Member Administrator

Any news on BT?

7. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

Just this minute cleared enough - BT engineer is arriving tomorrow, they are working on the assumption that it is my fault or at least faulty filters. Not when Symons55 tested it. Separate handset direct connect to their line, poduced a sound like an electrical storm, the same as this afternoon...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  8. Halfhidden

Yeah that's normal. They will try the intimidation. But I've spoken with S55 and what he did is great. Anything to do with that socket or prior is all their responsibility. Don't be too surprised if you attract quite a few BT guys and an all day job.

9. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

Line just returned at 1945 ,....

10. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

and went off at 1950 !!!!

You will be pleased to know (I HOPE) that it has been checked over, at first it was ok. But it soon became clear, as with all intermittent faults, the noise was horrendous, the worst raspberry he had ever heard. The problem was in that over door box, which he has now re-done, and the main problem was in the stand pillar on the estate. All done and apologies for all the inconvenience..

11. Halfhidden

Great news!

12. symons55

symons55 Moderator Staff Member

Glad all is sorted. ::15: