broadband noise

treeve

Major Contributor
well, after Symons55 carefully went over the "system" and pronounced a definite BT noise, I rang BT --- they tested, and pronounced it clear. It is clearer now than it has been over the last two months. BT suggested a noisy filter ... funny it has been in use at the old house with no problem. Getting the engineer in in Wednesday am. We shall see .. Sounded like a small war going on. I know what I heard. The minute they knew it had been tested by a qualified electrian it all goes clear and extraordinary bills are quoted.

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
The internet connection held for a good while and has gone very noisy and switched off at 10 oclock

treeve

Major Contributor
Anyone frying chips ?

EDIT
Just read the post above... Wednesday

Last edited by a moderator:

treeve

Major Contributor
Just this minute cleared enough - BT engineer is arriving tomorrow, they are working on the assumption that it is my fault or at least faulty filters. Not when Symons55 tested it. Separate handset direct connect to their line, poduced a sound like an electrical storm, the same as this afternoon...

Last edited:

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Yeah that's normal. They will try the intimidation. But I've spoken with S55 and what he did is great. Anything to do with that socket or prior is all their responsibility. Don't be too surprised if you attract quite a few BT guys and an all day job.

treeve

Major Contributor
and went off at 1950 !!!!

You will be pleased to know (I HOPE) that it has been checked over, at first it was ok. But it soon became clear, as with all intermittent faults, the noise was horrendous, the worst raspberry he had ever heard. The problem was in that over door box, which he has now re-done, and the main problem was in the stand pillar on the estate. All done and apologies for all the inconvenience..

Top Bottom