Harbour Marina plan

Harbour Marina plan should it happen?

• Total voters
As a harbour user I think this is an excellent plan. It will bring together the bus rail and ferry terminal, eliminating the considerable traffic congestion around the waterside meadery and Ross bridge caused by ferry passengers and freight traffic. Currently the IOS Steamship Co have priority use of most of the existing harbour facilities causing considerable disruption and inconvenience to other harbour users. This scheme would free up all the existing quays and facilities for the rest of us.The new breakwater need not be any higher than the existing Albert pier and therefore should not restrict views of the bay.
The alternative scheme currently proposed, filling in behind the south quay,removing listed buildings in order to build warehouses next to the bathing pool would in my opinion be a disaster.and would do nothing to reduce traffic congestion.

treeve

Major Contributor
I gather that the whole scheme of the Marina (whatever it's name was to be) has been abandoned by Penzance Town Council, in favour of a much more
destructive programme; it appears that our sea front is to be lost to provide a car park and industrial units; our ancient sea wall is to be destroyed, the
surrounding area of Battery Rocks, our ancient headland from which Penzance gets its name is to be lost forever. Battery Rocks and its beach are a haven and
standing point for local wildlife, as well as a place of swimming for people. The War memorial stands as a sentinel to the shoreline of the Bay, and it will be
enshrouded in the walls of the car park, as well as the beautiful lines of Jubilee Pool being marred by this insane intrusion on Nature and of the enjoyment of the
bay.

denanmor

I don't like either choice! Whatever they do is going to be ugly, destructive and eventually regretted. Sorry, feeling slightly negative today! VBM

treeve

Major Contributor
I agree that this is what will happen, bearing in mind the abject inability to take what is, and to create and or adapt, without detriment to environment or heritage, and to provide a suitable economic, visual and functional masterpiece. The control and awareness to complete this is not apparent. Having worked on projects of much greater proportions, and with equal import on environment and heritage, I can assure anyone, that with proper application, a non invasive, non-destructive outcome is possible; all that is required is care, intelligence, knowledge, awareness and sensitivity. We can live in Hopes ....

treeve

Major Contributor
Fruit Baskets

It continues to occupy thoughts as to bananas; Of just what does this remind you; bananas congregate as a tight bunch, straight and green; but how long does it take before they become yellow, bent and rotten? They also require keeping well away from other flavoured fruits as it only adds to the depreciation of anythng else in the basket.
:D:D

Top Bottom