This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

The king of rock. ?

Discussion in 'Local entertainment' started by bikerlen, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bikerlen

bikerlen Member

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know if spencer penaluna is still singing around the penzance area. i have not seen him myself for a few years now. he was releted to me in the mid sixties, having married my dads sister phylis edwards. i seem to remember last seeing him play at the green market about 6 years or so back. he in my opinion did a very good elvis set. if anyones does see him around, please tell him lenny said hello. from deepest somerset. have a good weekend all of you here. bikerlen.

2. Halfhidden

Halfhidden Untouchable Staff Member Administrator

Spencer retired as a singer but still sings karaoke at the White Lion at the weekends. He lives a few doors away from me in Heamoor

3. bikerlen

bikerlen Member

Thanks for quick reply,, please give spencer my regards, he knows me as lenny edwards, tell him when im down next i will buy him a coffee in the white lion.
    bikerlen.

4. southwestdj

southwestdj Member

hi birkerlen both me and spencer grew up together knew him very well always went to the winter gardens every weekend

5. symons55

symons55 Moderator Staff Member

Used to work behind the bar there and then the Barn Club after in the 60's.

6. southwestdj

southwestdj Member

very true in the stargazer bar

7. symons55

symons55 Moderator Staff Member

Yep, then ended up in the danchall bar on band nights.

8. southwestdj

southwestdj Member

if you check withm him im sure he used to do some songs with them as well

9. southwestdj

southwestdj Member

yeah im sure he used to sing some songs with them ie ricky and the layabounts, the buccanners,

10. motherrock

motherrock

You will find he did go by the name of the Duke of Rock, flints from time to time between barnstable and heamoor. x

11. bikerlen

bikerlen Member

Thanks for the info motherock, he certainly got around, singing for his tea. Wonder if he still doing the karoke in penzance.?. bikerlen.