Seagulls

46traveller

No seriously guys, please don't deliberately feed them ice cream, takes the paint right off the roof of cars. Handy if you wanted streaks in your hair, so not all bad news............

Well, agree with Merlyn on the mankind is stupid bit, there are those that would interfere with nature by feeding wild creatures of all shapes and sizes. How is this helping nature ? Surely nature doesn't need mans help to keep things in balance ? In fact as always it's mans intervention, that idealogical view that some have, "We can and should help" that creates the problems. Nobody likes to see creatures suffer, but that's the natural way of things, the weak die and leave the strongest to breed. It has been this way for a lot longer than man has been around on the planet, yet some still think they know best.
ANYONE out there who thinks that they know better than nature how to control species, are in fact part of the problem, not the solution.

If man had left the balance alone in the first place, I would probably have agreed with you there. But as even the strongest have to struggle to survive, then its not the likes of me thats interferring. Im not only referring to food sources but natural habitat too. So many people seem to prefer slabs or gravel instead of a lawn with flowerbeds, fences and walls rather than the beauty of hedgerows, buildings not trees...... it just goes on. TabTab hit the nail on the head; the human race is a nasty virus.

Also, if I werent meant to help an animal in need, then I wouldnt have happened upon it in the first place. I would pass through ten minutes earlier, ten minutes later, or even gone a totally different way.

Last edited:

46traveller

Sorry Merlyn, I'm a realist, destiny or fate doesn't come into my thoughts, got no time for that. If you believe in them, good luck, but I like life to be a little more up to me. Every day is a challenge, you either meet it head-on, or wait and see what happens. I've never been one for waiting. All the best with what you do..

symons55

Staff member
Destiny is what happens, I don't believe we are masters of our own destiny, it's all mapped out for us, it gives us comfort to think we can influence what will happen, to that degree I get some comfort, but, what will be will be.

46traveller

Death is inevitable, but as Bill Hicks said, "You can get off the ride anytime you like". No fate or destiny there, just choice, unless of course it's a conspiracy, and it was indeed ordained. LoL
icon10.gif

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
[video=youtube;9l_aDKhFcm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l_aDKhFcm0[/video]

My assumption is that they aren't local. This video was shot down by the harbour in Penzance.

OMG..... what a vicious attack. The poor girl must have been terrified.....

Case rested..... seagulls are victims of slander.

tabtab13

Idiots.
If one of the birds had damaged her eyes you can just imagine the news headlines - 'Girl loses sight after vicious seagull horror attack.'
It's never, ever a good idea to tease a wild animal - or bird in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:

46traveller

Maybe that's what they do for fun in Ireland, evidently in the next You Tube installment, she wears a pork chop on her head at windsor safari park, quite looking forward to that episode !!!!

tabtab13

Ummm ... I do believe my post has been hacked! Don't remember putting the word 'cornish' in - or that line of code either!

Top Bottom