This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

RAF Sennen/Skewjack and Dry Tree

Discussion in 'General detective' started by abandonearth, Nov 9, 2009.

1. abandonearth

abandonearth

Hello,
    I am a postgraduate student at the university of Exeter researching radar in the County. Does anyone have any pictures of RAF Sennen/Skewjack, or Dry Tree? I've seen one taken from the top on one of the towers, more like that would be excellent!
    Thanks
    Benjamin

2. Chill

Chill Member

Hi abandonearth,
    I have posted one picture of RAF Sennen taken from the top of one of the masts. Search for RAF Sennen on here and you will find it.
    I have a few others taken on site, but mostly personal photos and unlabelled. don't tell me much but may make sense to you. I will scan and load if I can relocate them.
    Regards, chill

3. abandonearth

abandonearth

Thanks for the reply, I've sent you a PM.
    Regards
    Benjamin

4. Scarlet lancer

Scarlet lancer Senior Member

RAF Sennen, RAF Marks Castle, RAF Chapel Carn Brea and Sennen Cove Barracks.

Hello to all interested in RAF Sennen, RAF Mark's Castle and RAF Chapel Carn Brea also Sennen Cove.
    I have a great deal of information regarding these WW2 Radar Sites, Letters to people stationed there, Photographs, 1943 Site maps and drawings etc. I am also intouch with a few who served at Sennen. I live locally in Penzance and would be grateful to hear from anyone interested or with information. We are shortly to visit County Archieves to look at their records.

Michael
    01736 365336

5. dingdongd

dingdongd Senior Member

Are you including RAF Portreath and Davidstow?

6. Scarlet lancer

Hi Ding Dong,

Yes, it is a natural extension for our project. What is your interest?

7. dingdongd

dingdongd Senior Member

None really, but I do know that RAF Portreath is now a radar station. Prior to that it was connected to Porton Down manufacturing 'nerve gases'

8. Scarlet lancer

9. Scarlet lancer

An extensive website now exists www.raf-marks-castle-and-raf-sennen.co.uk