This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!

CLICK HERE

Penzance Bus Station Area

Discussion in 'General detective' started by rogb999, Aug 1, 2011.

1. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

I have been in contact with my brother for some time in connection with the railway and the harbour. We have put together a fairly comprehensive "history" of the area. Besides the RAF pictures there is the collection of Germany's Luftwaffe flights in the hope of superiority in their aircraft which thankfully never came to fruition. I have put a great deal of these photograhs in the album Time Past . Whilst working for Cowell, Drewitt and Wheatley in Penzance we oversaw the building of the Yacht Club. There are other albums in my galleries which cover the area and dates of the time in which you have an interest
    http://picturepenzance.co.uk/photos/showimage.php?i=20455&c=400
    http://picturepenzance.co.uk/photos/showimage.php?i=20413&c=400
    Of prime interest is the book The Great Western Railway in West Cornwall, by Alan Bennett with various illustrations of merit.
    I will try and remember the other books that I have on my shelves. Best Wishes, Raymond

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

3. Halfhidden

Halfhidden Untouchable Staff Member Administrator

4. rogb999

rogb999

Hi Treeve/Halfhidden,

Thanks for the info' and update. Love the aerial shot.Had a look in Treeve's Times Past album and got so engrossed I forgot what I was looking for !! Brilliant stuff. You were both quite right, the English Heritage do hold the RAF aerial survey photos. I've been in touch with them and thay heve been very helpful. There are a number of vertical and oblique shots of the area I was interested in, so I'll definitely follow that up.

Thanks again for your help, don't forget if anything else should come to light I am more than interested.

Best regards

Roger

5. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

Thankyou for the remarks - "nanos gigantium humeris insidentes", I think covers it :)

6. rogb999

rogb999

S'funny I never imagined you as a dwarf !!?? Giant maybe for your contribution to the site.

7. treeve

treeve Major Contributor

You know the Classic Myths, good stuff. Orion got better, as I will. :)

8. welb1931

welb1931 Member

rogb999. I have uploaded a sectioned out view of Penzance railway station area,its quite good in detail .....