New Site!

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Yes the gallery will be open shortly.... I have been all day matching up members albums to the correct members as this couldn’t be done by the migration software......15,000 pictures..... I've got saw eyes:eek:
So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE check to make sure that your private pictures are in your private albums and so on!

I haven't completely finished the galley but I cannot see why members cannot take a look around.
Should be open in an hour.
The Mystery game will have to be run manually at the moment as I haven't begun to convert the scripts to run this automatically as before.... so you'll have to pm me when there's a winner and I'll add their name and points to the leader board when it's up.;)

rrrrrrichie

Observations and Suggestions

Here is a list of my observations so far...

GUESTS
- No link to Gallery for Guests without logging in.

LOGIN
- Once logged in, you are still asked to log in, twice, on the same page.
- Once logged out, you are still logged in.

PORTAL
- Only a small link to the Gallery, perhaps a nice big Photo link with "Gallery" like:
2nb6mw5.jpg

- Maybe a photo link to Forum and the Mystery Pic Game (as a separate entity) too.
- No Shout Box.

GALLERY
- No direct link back to Forum.
- Missing my most used feature, a list of the Last Comments.
See http://www.photopost.com/photopost/comshow.php

I expect HH is still working on some of these. Overall, a much improved site!

Last edited:

CHILLYWILLY

New Site

This is a lot easier to browse than the old site. I am sure with a bit of practice I will get the hang of using all of the items available. Thanks to HH and sparky for all the time and effort. Evo may think there are too many seagulls on the header though.

symons55

Staff member
Observations so far.

Considering the site has been up for less than 48hrs, and knowing the problems that there have been, I think it's brill. We all got used to the old site and possibly have things we would like to see done, but, this is a new site and things will be strange for a while. I know HH is well aware of these things and has been working very very long hours to get to where we are, and will I'm sure, be able to get to grips with things as he goes along. So thanks to HH and thanks to all user for their patience and suggestions.

symons55

Staff member
@ CW I suppose we could always put a small photo of Evo in the corner, that would keep them away. (sorry Evo couldn't resist that)

BayOfPlenty

Broadly speaking, I'm in agreement with S55's observations; there will be a few 'teething troubles' to begin with - I'm sure once these are sorted we'll all see the benefits. I've encountered one or two niggles myself but I won't list them here - I don't want to reduce HH to tears after the sterling effort he's put in :D

Top Bottom