New mystery game

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
I was sent this proposal by a member for us to look over. Can you please take a look over this proposal and post your views and comments on this please:

[FONT=&quot]We all know what modern Treasure Hunts consist of people in cars or other forms of transport driving around the countryside looking for places that contain clues that will eventually win them a prize.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What I am suggesting is something of a “variation” of this type of mobile quiz.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to propose a quiz based upon the modern “Geocache” ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.geocaching.com/about/default.aspx[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ) type of exercises carried out around the world by millions of people. The main difference would be that it will be based solely in Penwith and IOS and can be aimed at those with and without transport.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The basic idea of geocaching is that people take a small box in which they place some indentifying object, coin, etc and place it in a spot anywhere in the area they are in or visiting. They then proceed to log the actual position on their GPS device and then put that location including clues such as “in the low wall to the left of the gate” etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, it has to be recognised that not everyone has or can use a GPS. So, I would propose that the following apply:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Local “caches” can be placed by members (any) within town & village boundaries (within Penwith and within walking distances) giving written clues, hopefully in rhyme example - [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"In a cranny nearby this postbox held, there is a coin of PPZ Geld ".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Outside in the countryside around Penwith including the villages and towns can also be used by GPS users.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What to use – well I think it would be good for Picture Penzance to create its own tokens, possibly made locally. There could be a league for collectors. No top prizes, no awards, just acknowledgement of the discovery because and this is the nub, each cache will have to be hidden in such a way that it is very difficult to find. Lots of senior members can do this I am sure.[/FONT]

symons55

Staff member
I think the idea is a good one, my only hesitation would be enthusiasum, would people actually get off bums to go and search, some would, but how many would actually get involved. Perhaps some would post some answers here, I notice there are 25 views but no comments so we'll see.

CHILLYWILLY

I echo your sentiments SS55. I tried something new with the 'Mystery Mystery Prize Game. Same usual suspects participated. Interest appears to be waning somewhat.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, as always the same members particapate in such games so therefore I am wondering will this work? and as summer is vast approaching (although you wouldn't think it with the rain we have had of late) it does go quieter on the site due to members committments during the summer months.
also @CW I like your new twist to the mystery game as it gets my brain working just that little bit harder!!

It would be interesting to see any other comments regarding this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom