NEW ALBUM OF MUSIC IN CORNISH -"OMDOWL MOREK" by PP MEMBER PHIL KNIGHT

trepolpen

Major Contributor
I'd be delighted if PP members would care to listen to my sampler of clips from songs from my album . These sampler clips are from a new album (released on 12th November, 2011) called 'Omdowl Morek' or 'Sea Wrestling'. I have also put up a large number of photographs of Cornwall while they play. Naturally, the Wav file quality of the sound upload on YouTube does not achieve the very high quality of the recordings on the actual album but it gives an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33Mu858BSc

All nine original and contemporary songs, written and performed by Phil Knight, and ably produced and arranged by my son, Paul Knight-Malciak, are in Kernewek (The Cornish Language). Thanks to him and to Maga - the Cornish Language Partnership - I was able to find an opportunity to record an album of my best songs, a long-term dream. I am hopeful that there wil be among them, above all, the flavour of Cornwall and her language: There are songs with themes based on old legends and my personal faith, love of Cornwall's land and sea, tales of love on account of young women even. Whatever your age and taste, may there be something to please everyone whether in the Celtic world or beyond.

A bilingual book of lyrics (Important!) accompanies the actual album which is available via Maga - the Cornish Language Partnership, which is distributing them. Contact them at County Hall, Truro or via their website if you would like to purchase a CD and booklet. The proceeds go back into the promotion of the language.​

treeve

Major Contributor
A remarkable and important achievement, congratulations and very good luck with this driven work and singing, is this soon to be the Cornish "equivalent" for Runrig I wonder? :)

Top Bottom