Moody Blues: The Question

treeve

Major Contributor
Nr 05; Not Devil Woman.
This is clearly a hard one ....

Not many people can claim to have four umbra, but this man with the rocky face could, not that they settled at first. [That you have got, but why?]

This song was one of the first, fused and dangerous by all accounts, he just goes to pieces over a woman.
[It is one of the longest sets of lyrics for a song of that time, not the usual aaba set].

Incidentally one of the most powerful songs performed in these ere parts. The Druids' winning piece, I think, in the Cliff Richard Competition held in the Ritz.

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
Ten more, part the first

It appears that you like these, so here are five more ...

11 sounds as if van gogh wears casual wear, there is no doubt that he has a new girl friend, a very young girl's toy with feet that elevate themselves. You can recognise her by the garment she wears - in brilliant FF0000. Her name is the song title, maybe she is into jazz?

12 The first man had a lot of trust and used it to his advantage in a varied career, being also in, what to me, is one of the major drama series ever on television; this song concerns an undecided but greedy cow that does not know what is good for her or him, but it is breaking his heart.

13 this singer has following winds and so is not at all relaxed despite his familiar name. He is not at all happy because his girl friend is a teaser, leaving him midway to heaven, being his price of friendship.

14 Not at all sure why one would wish to throw this fruit, but he is on the telephone. He adds the state, as it is not the place in Egypt. He is in a quandry over the disappearance of his young child who had telephoned him earlier.

15 This definitive rock n roll singer had it all and the show to go with it. This Caribbean Cruiser is telling about the effects a certain girl has on him, it appears that she brings about something akin to St Vitus Dance.

treeve

Major Contributor
Ten More, part the Twoth

16 This song is the definitive song of the era, it makes a statement about the attitudes of the young men of the time. The performer is the guy that wrote it, not the one that made it famous. The singer is a top rate musician and writer.
To offer any clue at all would give it away, all I can say is watch where you are putting your feet.

17 Finding the lyrics for this was a difficult. The singers would fit very well in Penzance on one of our newer areas. They (according to the song) made their living out of an unsteady situation. Their drummer was on the move all the time, anyway.

18 This singer crammed so much into his short life, he is an example. The song is about a desperate climb because the lift has failed. The end result is that he is unable to dance.

19 any number of versions of this have been done (and that is the word), to me this is the only real one, by this group, on which you may have your meal. They sing that a particular person alone can make the difference in life.

20 This capital lady was gorgeous and played the part of the woman who has been hurt beyond compare very well. She implores her misguided and reportedly sorry lover to prove how much he loves her by showing some extensive flowing lachrymal emanations

Gene Vincent Be Bop a Lula
Adam Faith What do you want (Agree with you about Budgie...)
Billy Fury Halfway to Paradise
Chuck Berry Memphis Tennessee
Johnny Kidd and the Pirates - Shakin all over

Won't do the next lot to give someone else a go...

treeve

Major Contributor
These are just too easy for you, @breizh.
Splendid - Cryptic Crosswords your speciality?
All five spot on.::7:::7:

Nr 05 and 16-20 left to solve.

treeve

Major Contributor
Nice One Trevelyan ... you have got the two remaining ballads ::7:

Nr 05 and 16-18 left to solve.

treeve

Major Contributor
05 Sorry - not All Shook Up ....
Not many people can claim to have four umbra [The Shadows] , but this man with the rocky face [Cliff] could, not that they settled at first [The Drifters] .
This song was one of the first, fused and dangerous by all accounts, he just goes to pieces over a woman.

The other two unsolved ...
17 Finding the lyrics for this was difficult [that is a fact]. The singers would fit very well in Penzance on one of our newer areas. They (according to the song) made their living out of an unsteady situation. Their drummer was on the move all the time, anyway.

18 This singer crammed so much into his short life, he is an example. The song is about a desperate climb because the lift has failed. The end result is that he is unable to dance.

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
Χριστούγεννα !!

One of the Happiest, most lively and inspiring Christmas songs ever has to be Despoina Vandi's Christouyenna!! She sings of the joys of Christmas,
it is totally alive and it slips into 60s style. It is a great song.
------------------
There is one UK song of a similar spirit .... it also is great....
Snow is falling
all around me
children playing
having fun
it's the season
love and understanding
merry christmas everyone
time for parties and celebration
people dancing all night long
time for presents
and exchanging kisses
time for singing christmas songs
we're gonna have a party tonight
i'm gonna find that girl underneath the misteltoe,
we'll kissed by candlelight
Room is swaying, records playing
All the old songs, we love to hear
All I wish that everyday was christmas
What a nice way to spend the year
We're gonna have a party tonight
I'm gonna find that girl
Underneath the mistletoe, we'll kiss by candlelight
Snow is fallin, all around me
Children playing, having fun
It's the season, love and understanding
Merry christmas everyone
Merry christmas everyone
Oah merry cristmas everyone
Snow is falling, all around me
Merry christmas everyone
Merry christmas everyone
Merry christmas everyone
Merry christmas everyone
Merry christmas everyone
[Shakin' Stevens]
------------------------------------
Those two songs, for me, are hard to beat.

What are your favourites?

treeve

Major Contributor
Dynamite, as far as I have been told, you will have to ask her yourself....
Absolutely right ::7: 3 - 2 - 1 - Zero, here I go !! ::6:
Classic lines to be found ...

treeve

Major Contributor
The other two still unsolved ...

17 Finding the lyrics for this was difficult [that is a fact].
The singers would fit very well in Penzance on one of our newer areas.
They (according to the song) made their living out of an unsteady situation.
Their drummer was on the move all the time, anyway.
[ hint at the musician's name].

18 This singer crammed so much into his short life, he is an example.
The song is about a desperate climb because the lift has failed.
The end result is that he is unable to dance.

treeve

Major Contributor
Beaten you ... ::7:

17 was The Treniers; Rockin' is Our Business; (their drummer was called Shifty)

18 was Twenty Flight Rock by Eddie Cochran.

Top Bottom