Moody Blues: The Question

treeve

Major Contributor
Next Valentine's Day, consider this celebration of an Earth Shattering Moment.
I have sat and pondered over this many a time,
Not that I do participate,
but there are times when it really bothers me
It is possible of course that someone may know the answer
This question that has been a mystery since 1870.
Much rumination has been made with its use anyway,
so this question is worthy of its memeory
Bend your minds to this enigma ....
Does your chewing gum lose its flavour
On the bedpost overnight
If your mother says don't chew it
Do you swallow it in spite
Can you catch it on your tonsils
Can you heave it left and right
Does your chewing gum lose its flavour
On the bedpost overnight. :D

symons55

Staff member
Only if the six five special is on the line,
and the six five special is right on time......

symons55

Staff member
Another day older and deeper in debt
St.Peter don't call me cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store.

Frankie Laine. from the song sixteen tons...::15:

treeve

Major Contributor
Finger clicking song

Frankie Laine - great guy ....

A certain singer sung of his grandchildren, eight no less in a song that reflected his wife's osculatory talent in the drinks department. It was composed by materials fabricators.
As far as I remember this singer sung in The Barn in the early 60s [on that point I may be wrong].
What was his name and who wrote that song?
(His first song was surprisingly also rather sweet.)

Last edited:

symons55

Staff member
I must know, but can't remember so f**t and give us a clue. I know I'm going to kick myself.............

treeve

Major Contributor
I will give you one more clue ... his initials are the same as the guy that got shot in a dream in Dallas....

symons55

Staff member
JR? gotta think on tis one, worked in the Barn mid 60's must know him, will give it some thought, gotta go now, will think for tomorrow...::15:

treeve

Major Contributor
A song from my cave

While you are thinking about that ...

Here's a song from my youth, which actually I found to be very moving. Not really having left the magic of childhood behind, somehow the main character is still with me, the sea not being that far away, either, they also had a sailboat, perhaps that is where I got my fascination; I am however still immersed in paper and imagination. Including the crush I had on the group's lady singer, who died this year. The song is so full of imagery and specific words that all I have todo is to mention any one and it would give it away immediately.

Can you tell me what the song is, and the name of the group?

PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON lived by the sea And frolicked in the autumn mist in a aland called honah lee.A dragon lives forever but not so little boysPainted wings and giant rings make way for other toys.One grey night it happened, jackie paper came no more and puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain,Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.Without his life-long friend, puff could not be brave,So puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave. oh!Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.
Peter , Paul and lovely Mary

treeve

Major Contributor
Excellent, got it in one ... those words are still very moving to me. What is even sadder is to remember that Mary has died of leukemia, what was it 72. Lovely lady, lovely voice.

symons55

Staff member
I agree, probably one of the best know folk groups of that era, everyone knew of them. Unlike today there are so many 'pop' groups, bands etc that we don't know 90% of them...........most spewed from PC's downloads etc, what happened to bands honing their craft in pubs, clubs, dancehalls............don't get me started.........

treeve

Major Contributor
Still stuck on JR and the song?

Try this one then ....

There are any number of versions of this song, but to me the first is the best and only. Comes from a folk song 400 years old. The singer definitely likes wet precipitation, as he needs it to feed his love, which is interminable (a word of similar age to the Elizabethan song), but he uses a phrase that has always meant an indeterminate point in time.
What is the song and the singer?

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
Name the singer ... name the song
His father drilled wells. In this song he ruminates on being solitary and that his situation would only be understood by someone in the same position; however much of the lyrics are not really English it does have a preoccupation with a child's comforter. He sees where the baby is going and has taken his cardiovascular pump. Ever conscious of the risks, he continues in hope.

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
Deliberately making these as hard as I can - no music and a dictionary translation of the lyric words. ::6:

treeve

Major Contributor

Here is another one ....

This friendly but sharp singer could have been great friend of Pinochio's. After all he was interested in the small things. A particular person had such an effect on him that he acted in a very odd and impulsive manner, with an urgent appeal to the person to be wild, uncontrolled and enthusiastic.
Wassa singer? Wasssa song?

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor

Another ?
Not many people can claim to have four umbra, but this man with the rocky face could, not that they settled at first. This song was one of the first, fused and dangerous by all accounts, he just goes to pieces over a woman.
Name the Singer and The Song

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
last time I looked it is 2009 ::11:

another from this same period ... oh, ok then, about 1955-65ish.
William was often spelt incorrectly, being mistaken for an observer of extraterrestrial matter, a curious coincidence as he too was supported by such matter. This hit was well timed to keep you going and to train in geological formation, with as its central figure an horological piece.
Who and what was the major hit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom