Jazz and other Stuff

treeve

Major Contributor
Hello All - Djazz Celtica are playing their monthly hot Gypsy Jazz gig at the Kings Arms Paul this Wednesday 14th December from 8.30pm - It will be a cracker! - Larry Linaker :)

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
Hello All - Djazz Celtica are playing Hot Gypsy Jazz at The Union Hotel Penzance this Sunday lunchtime 18th Dec from 12.30 - 2.30.
We are playing because we just fancy a session and we love you lovely people!
Hope to see you - Larry Linaker

treeve

Major Contributor
Hello Everyone - Hope you all had a great Christmas and got lots of pressies.
Djazz Celtica are playing their unique style of Gypsy Jazz at The Union Hotel Penzance on New Years Day lunchtime from 12.30 - 2.30ish.
Be good to see you - Larry Linaker

trepolpen

Major Contributor
'Omdowl Morek' (Sea Wrestling) by Phil Knight: An album of 9 songs in the Cornish language but never fear:

Downloadable PDF lyrics booklet in parallel translation from Maga
http://www.magakernow.org.uk/default.aspx?page=624

and a Youtube link to my album song clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33Mu858BSc

or hear clips of this new release: available as CD or downloadable tracks from Cornish Music portal

www.kesson.com

Press coverage:

omdowlmorekwmn9thdec110.jpg

Last edited:

treeve

Major Contributor
Hello Everyone - Djazz Celtica are playing Hot Gypsy Jazz at The Kings Arms, Paul, West Cornwall this Wednesday 11th Jan from 8.30pm.
Be great to see you for our first Kings Arms gig of 2012 - Larry

trepolpen

Major Contributor
I certainly intend to get to one night up at Paul with Djazz Celtica - I listened to them on their web page and was very impressed. I know Pam and Noel and I think I know you Larry!

treeve

Major Contributor
Glad to be able to pass on what is left on the floor. Django was a hero of mine, Noel's paintings are an inspiration. I plan on things get better for me and that I will be able to get back in general circulation.

treeve

Major Contributor
Hello Everyone - Djazz Celtica are playing Hot Gypsy Jazz Manouche at The Union Hotel this Sunday lunchtime 29th Jan from 12.30 - 2.30.
Be great to see you all - "Larry Le Gitan".

treeve

Major Contributor
Hello Everyone - Djazz Celtica are playing their own distinctive style of Hot Gypsy Jazz Manouche at The Kings Arms Paul this Wednesday evening the 8th of Feb from 8.30pm.
Be good to see you - Larry

treeve

Major Contributor
Djazz Celtica

Hello Everyone - Djazz Celtica are playing their own style of Gypsy Jazz Manouche at The Union Hotel Penzance this Sunday lunchtime 11th March from 12.30 until 2.30.
There will be flying fingers for sure.
Hope to see you - Djazz Celtica

treeve

Major Contributor
Djazz Celtica

Djazz Celtica are playing their own style of Gypsy Jazz Manouche at The Kings Arms Paul tonight (Wednesday) from 8.30

treeve

Major Contributor
Greetings Everyone - Djazz Celtica are playing their own style of Gypsy Jazz Manouche at the Union Hotel Penzance this coming Sunday lunchtime the 29th April from 12.30 - 2.30.

treeve

Major Contributor
Dan

Hello Everyone - Dan Puckey our youngest Club Django member is on the radio with his guitar on Thursday evening at 8pm.
Here's the link: www.ncbradio.co.uk
At just 14 years of age Dan is making quite a name for himself - in a few years time I won't be getting my guitar out of the case if he is around - Larry

treeve

Major Contributor
9 May

Hello Everyone - Djazz Celtica are playing their own distinctive style of Gypsy Jazz Manouche at The Kings Arms Paul this Wednesday 9th May from 8.30.

treeve

Major Contributor
voices from the recent past

Two Excellent voices from my collection, to be replaced with CD, are Matraca Berg - The Speed of Grace and Suzy Bogguss - Aces :)

treeve

Major Contributor
Djazz Celtica

Djazz Celtica
Will be performing at:
The Gurnards Head, Zennor, this afternoon, Sunday 3rd June 1:00 - 2:30
Pam Betowski - violin
Noel Betowski - guitar
Guest: AJ Bennetts - rhythm guitar

followed by:
The Yew Tree Gallery, Morvah, this afternoon Sunday 3rd June 3:15 - 5:15
Pam Betowski - violin