I'm in need of a hair do wheres the best place to go?

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Hiya,
I just thought I would make a post, as I am in need of a haircut/colour and was wondering where is the best place in Penzance to go.??

I don't want to spend alot of money as the last time was just under £100....but that was just under a year & half ago now (yes, I dont go like most women every 6 -8 weeks (as the stylist/hairdresser suggests or recomends) as I just can't afford it!) and my hair takes sooo long to grow I dont need to go there regulary !! LOL...but laughs aside I have no idea where the best place is to go.....so can anyone help me?

My question is, does anyone know of a good quality hairdressers that I can go to and only pay about half the amount?
I realize that the colour is where the cost is....so really not that worried about doing this at this time around, and also that trainee's can be used to cut the costs....

but I would like a friendly atmosphere and one that does what style you have asked for
so any suggestions would be very welcome. xx::1:

hope someone can help xx

Last edited by a moderator:

missp

Hi sparky, dont know about any hairdressers in the town, I have mine done at home, but I can ask my hairdresser if she can recommend any for you::1:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds good, how much does he/she charge....actually forget that as it would probably depend on what I have done, many thanks can you ask if he or she would travel to me?

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
HA HA!!!!::11:::11:::7:::7:

very funny!!

do you know of any hairdressers in PZ that could help me out?

I normally have my hair cut quite short and would like some colour added...

but at a reasonable cost.xx

treeve

Major Contributor
It is a long time since 'hairdresser' was mentioned in this house. I know that the pricey ones usually caused more grief than was thought reasonable. Fact is that some colourants affect the scalp badly, others drain the oils from the hair, leaving hair which is more suited to a cushion. Marlene ended up having someone visit. I know she used to have it done at Beachfield Court, but they have closed. Whatever you find, do not let Sy near your hair with his Nr 2 strimmer. Do not quite see you in Army standard SBS, or a Marine shave. There is one thing I have learned though, and that life is too short to be mean with yourself. If you feel that you need a pamper, then it is worth it. Just let someone pamper you, and feel really good afterwards.

treeve

Major Contributor
Absolutely ... it was something to give my wife a birthday present of a hairdo, it made her feel really good. It is a sales pitch, but it really is worth remembering that 'you are worth it'.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Theres no worries there I wouldn't let Symons55 anywhere near my hair! ....and it is not like army short either so no worries there Treeve...... but on the serious side I am fussy about my hair, isn't every female?...well fussy as in, I like it to look right and nice... but I do have an ailment with my deficency(B12) that I have hair loss...and yes it is more noticable every time I wash it..and comb/brush it...comes out in droves (I could make a wig give me 2 months LOL!!)
But I have had my hair coloured twice in my life time...so that is pretty good and I have only started to use straightners in the last 2 years, so I think my hair is in pretty good condition.(well I hope so!!)

so I am still hoping for a really nice cut and colour for around £30 -£40 thats my limit I will pay.....so anyone reading this and knows of a Qualified hairdresser then please get in touch by leaving a comment or sending me a message.
Thanks all those who have replied so far much appreciated ! xx::7:::1:

Top Bottom