Halloween

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Uumm just wandering how many of you out there celebrate Halloween?
or are you the kind just to gets some sweets in for the children that come around?
or are you likely to go out and purchase a costume, and attend a Halloween party?
or just to go out and dress up because you can...::15:

but we have noticed that especially over the last 2-3 years that there have been a decline in trick or treaters, or is it just me?

last year we had just the one knock on the door...no one else visited.
when my children were small and I'm going back many years now::11: we all used to help make our own decorations and hang from the ceiling near the front door and hall way to make it look spooky!, and of course buy the pumpkin make a scary face and light with a candle inside and put on display in the kitchen window for all to see.

Just a thought to see how many actually do celebrate this event? let me know your thoughts, they are always welcome xx::1:

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
we all used to help make our own decorations and hang from the ceiling near the front door and hall way to make it look spooky!, and of course buy the pumpkin make a scary face and light with a candle inside and put on display in the kitchen window for all to see.
I found it cheaper to use pictures of our ex-next door neighbours instead ::11:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Symons55 he will maybe, but I have to say the bunny outfit was for Easter & not Halloween just a small point lol x
but you are right everyone who came including the adults had a good time and above all a good Laugh!! which is what its all about..xx::11:

tabtab13

I'm never around if any one comes knocking on the door on Halloween - too busy out dancing naked around a fire in the woods! ::11:

Here in Sydney if you don't give in to the kids you're in line to get egged or have a brick through the window...........Not for my family!
Ah well it's only eight weeks until christmas.....

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
well, one knock at the door about 20 mins ago, and there stood a group of girls around 6 of them absolutley drenched!!
why does it always pour with rain on Halloween?:eek:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
I feel like I'm talking to myself! ::11:lol...we had the MOST ever groups of guys & girls visit tonight, one large group, two boys(who didn't dress up), two girls, and a small group of girls and boys all dressed to impress!!
shame about the weather::14:...looks like thats it now...::11:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
::11:::11:how wrong was I...thought I was gonna run out of sweets!!::5:
the rain has stopped....have had two more knocks at the door, another two group of people, and a group of three scarily handsome girls,so, the end is now I think as its getting on 9.30pm ish...so how many trick or treaters have you recieved?

I never asked a for a trick when I open the door, not sure that the children that visited us tonight would of had any? but would like to hear anybody elses experiences good or bad..
thanks for reading my many posts, you will get used to me!::15:

tabtab13

We didn't get any visits this year - probably because we had no decorations up in the window, and I believe 'no decorations' is understood to mean 'go away'!

Or mebbe it was because I wired the door knocker up to the mains as soon as it got dark .... ::13:::11:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
now now...::5: ::11: we never had any decs in the window or even spent our money on a pumpkin...(but I know members who have grown there own for thier grandchildren)
hoping they have taken a pic! would love to see..)
the lights are low....no its not an Abba song, the door is locked and still they knock at gone 9 o'clock!...all finished now till next year!
::11:::11:
so who's up for taking pics of the fireworks?::6:

Top Bottom