This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Picture Penzance is free to join and use. So why not join our community. As a member you can upload images, add comments, participate in our contests and connect with like minded people.
    All the best,
    Halfhidden (founder member)

Sign up for free today
Membership Is Free
No Adds
Members Only Areas
And lots More!


'Groomed' missing girl from Cornwall found in Surrey

Discussion in 'News' started by Halfhidden, Nov 27, 2010.

  1. Halfhidden

    Halfhidden Untouchable Staff Member Administrator

    Likes Received:
    View attachment 279
    A schoolgirl believed to have been groomed on the internet and who went missing from Cornwall has been found in Surrey.
    A police investigation began after the girl disappeared on Monday.
    Surrey Police visited an address near Gatwick Airport on Tuesday following a request from Devon and Cornwall Police.
    The girl was found and is believed to have been sexually assaulted. A 35-year-old woman from Northern Ireland was arrested and released on bail.
    Items seized Surrey Police went to the property in Horley at about 0500 GMT on Tuesday.
    The woman was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a minor and grooming of a minor for sexual purpose, Surrey Police said.
    She was released on conditional bail until January.
    Investigations into the incident are being led by Surrey Police.
    However, the Police Service of Northern Ireland said its officers carried out a search of a property in the Cookstown area of County Tyrone on Wednesday following a request from the Surrey force.
    A number of items were removed for further examination.
    Surrey Police said they were liaising with colleagues from both Devon and Cornwall and the Police Service of Northern Ireland and inquiries were continuing.
    Cornwall Council said it was also co-operating fully with the police investigation.
    Article BBC

Share This Page