Getting old!

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Just had a thought about getting old in the future.
No more shout dirty to me matron... you'll have access to states of the arts hearing aids.
MP3 players instead of books
Freeview with hundreds of channels instead of 3
Duvet instead of heavy blankets
Adult nappies
Boy I'm looking forward to the whole experience ::11:

46traveller

Well I've been "Old" as you call it for the best part of four years, (took early retirement) It's great. I could wax poetical for hours on the subject of what's so good about it, but just not having to shave every weekday at 07:00 is a big bonus. Don't need hearing aid, (never keen on headphones). Love my book collection, (reading glasses essential). Haven't had a TV for about eight years (what's Freeview). Had a duvet since I worked in Sweden many years ago, (so much easier to clean than furry blankets). As for nappies, mmm, not sure but I think that's when it's time to find yourself a nursing home with some people you trust to wipe your bum, and give you medication that makes you forget where you are anyway. All good, free meds, and women in slinky nylon outfits dispensing them. If that is my next progression in this life, then I'm up for that. Just give me my laptop, and I'll watch the revolution live.

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
All good, free meds, and women in slinky nylon outfits dispensing them. If that is my next progression in this life, then I'm up for that. Just give me my laptop, and I'll watch the revolution live.
See what I mean... getting old is better by far.
I'm looking forward to doing a bank heist and making my getaway on a bus using my free bus pass ::11:

@BoP ::10: it was a bottle of Sanatogen ::11:

Last edited:

BayOfPlenty

I think the best thing to be said for getting old is, by and large, it's a long way better than the alternative!

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
I think the best thing to be said for getting old is, by and large, it's a long way better than the alternative!
Does it matter? f we end up getting younger we won't exist, if we get older we will die.

Top Bottom