Ebay the rip off

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
We have many accounts with Ebay but are considering Amazon instead. Reason being that since Ebay did a policy change some years ago... they killed off a huge amount of sellers.
Fist they stopped sellers giving bad feed back. That gave the green light for buyers to blackmail sellers or they would give bad feedback. Buyers of course were banned from warning other sellers through feedback and have been told only to leave positive or neutral feedback.
Ebay has set postal costs. Fine I agree that a lot of sellers charged way over the top for postage. But when Ebay restrict the cost of postage it cost the seller money.
Here's an instance. To send a laptop to a buyer cost about £21 including insurance yet Ebay limit the postage to £12. Are they nuts?

Ebay offers free listing for all non businesses every month... yet never offers free listing to businesses.

So far in 100% of dispute cases Ebay has found in favour of the buyer 100% of the time despite overwhelming evidence otherwise.
In one case the buyer changed her story several time, yet Ebay ignored the story changes and found in favour of basically a thief.

Today a buyer returned a laptop claiming that it was faulty. When asked they said that they didn't have any evidence that it was faulty. The laptop was tested and has no problems... yet Ebay found in favour of the buyer...
Ebay are a bunch of rip off's and I will definitely be closing out=r accounts with them. I'm not even sure what they do is legal?

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Instead... I'm going t sue Ebay : )
Watch this space.
Under the sales of goods act we are protected from this kind of abuse... but to be honest a lot of people sell through auctions and the law is very different. I intend to study the EBay rules and challenge them and the decisions (by the way they actually never gave us any information on how they came to a decision).
If you want to see how this play's out I suggest you subscribe to this thread. You never know it will be you next !

Interesting stuff.

I only buy off ebay. Simply because I cant be doing with the hassle of selling. But I agree with what you say. There are indeed people out there that can only be simply referred to as "thieves". I have two friends that sell as a business so I can see it from their point of view too (one closed his shop a few weeks ago, the other totally relies on it as their only source of income). As you say, the sellers arent allowed to warn others about rip-off buyers, yet buyers can slam a seller. It should indeed work both ways.

I will be interested to keep up with how you're getting on...... but I dont know how to subscribe to the thread.

Top Bottom