Cornwall Blind Association appoints blind Director for first time ever

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 406

Independent charity Cornwall Blind Association has appointed a blind Director - for the first time in its 155-year history. Terri Rosnau, 33, started working at the Charity as a volunteer five years ago after overcoming a brain disorder, kidney failure and depression.
Discovering a passion for helping blind and partially sighted people like herself she later accepted the position of Trustee and became an ambassador for the Charity. Shortly afterwards she was made Chair and has governed the Board for the last two years.
After successfully applying for the position of Director of the Association, Terri Rosnau speaks of her success story, she said: “I am delighted to be taking up this role for Cornwall Blind Association. I feel I am not only going to be working hard to raise the profile of the Charity and the services it provides but that I am flying the flag for blind and visually impaired people across the Country, not just the County.
1x1.GIF

“The reason I have fought so hard for my career is because I more than many others, know what it is like to live with sight loss and I want to continue changing the lives of blind and visually impaired people.
“Cornwall Blind Association is a place that shines a light during some of the darkest times of people’s lives, and it ignited the flame of life that I thought I had lost.
“I hope to bring the Charity into the forefront of people’s minds and provide a stable platform on which to continue our good work in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.”
Neil Sargent, Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees for Cornwall Blind Association, said: "The appointment of Terri Rosnau came about after a vigorous selection process. Her passion and enthusiasm for the Association together with her business skills and acumen made her the obvious choice for this important role.
“Having the professional head of the Charity being registered blind, should ensure that the employees, volunteers and all stakeholders continue to focus at all times on making a difference to the lives of the visually impaired in Cornwall whatever age or background. Terri's ability to overcome her impairment is an indication of her resolve and strength of character which can only be of benefit to the Association.”
The independent Charity, Cornwall Blind Association has been part of Cornish life since its foundation in 1856. The Charity aims to provide people who have been affected by sight loss with practical services and support so they can continue to lead independent, fulfilled lives.
Cornwall news, Jobs, Sports, Cars, Homes | This is Cornwall

Top Bottom