Collector's Corner

missp

I thought I would start this thread as a couple of members have suggested it.

For years I have always wanted to get some chickens in the garden. Two years ago it happened, I got 6 chickens, followed by 2 more, followed by 11 more. Now it seems I am collecting them, not just me but gifts from family and friends. I have several 'china' chickens, a couple of metal ones, two made from straw, 3 made from material, a plastic one that lights up and changes colour, plant holder, plates, cups, egg cups, a doorstop, a clock, several salt and pepper pots, egg holders, and an egg basket to collect the eggs in. Mmm what else?

What do other members collect?

Last edited:

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
::11: now that did make me chuckle S55!

well now I have to say that I am a collector of DVD's my shelves are full of them!
yes even the neighbours come around and have a nosey of what is on the shelves, it is a bit like being in a rental shop.

I have DVD's ranging from thrillers, action, romantics, drama, comedy, I have box sets too, think we have all of the 24 series,(which by the way havent watched them all on series 3) trouble is with this particular series you need 24 hours to watch one series!! lol ::11: which I havent time to watch at the moment...

now got warehouse13 (great series that is) also supernatural, another great series.

tabtab13

We do our collecting along the beach. Got loads of polished glass, old pottery fragments, bits of cracked plastic buoys and also bits of rusty metal(!). The aim is to do something 'arty' with them all, but there never seems to be enough time. Got a whole list of things I plan to do with them - so probably something to keep me occupied when I retire! Still, in the meantime, the polished bits of glass look nice displayed in various bowls around the house.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Blimey TT13 you have just made me point at the screen and count your cups!! (how sad am I? LOL)
you have 20...ummm think I may have to go back into the arcade and see If I can win any back.

on this thread of "Collectors Corner" I wonder if there would be any women out there who will confess to collecting shoes?
now dont laugh, but I used to be one of these people, yes always had to buy a pair of shoes to go with trousers or jeans that I had just brought, put in the wardrobe never to see the light of day!!
just wondered...duh::11:::11:

46traveller

I've been collecting elderly Washburn guitars for sometime now, just starting to sell them off, as I start a new hobby later this year, when I begin collecting my pension

tabtab13

@missp - the great thing about having a collection is that you can add to it all the time. Take me, for example, this evening I just added another cup to my collection! lollol

tabtab13

@missp - all I can say is that there were reports of extensive growling and cursing up at Paul last night .... lol

Planet Penwith

Super User
I collect things too :) I collect books, coloured vinyl, Picture Discs, CD's, maps, Frogs, Porcelain, Glassware, Art Deco, Art Neuveax, Photography books, mags

Harmony Kingdom figurines. See the link to see what I mean---> http://www.harmonykingdom.com/PiecesSub/PieceCollectionsSub.asp?xPosition=1&xName=xxNULL&xItemNo=xxNULL&xArtist=xxNULL&xStatus=xxNULL&xReleaseDate=xxNULL&xRetirementDate=xxNULL&xCarvingDate=xxNULL&xPriceGroup=xxNULL&xCollectionName=Treasure+Jest&xSubsetName=xxNULL&xCategory=xxNULL&xCountry=xxNULL&itemsperpage=21&OrderBy=Name

The classic marvel figurine collection ---> http://marvel-figurines.co.uk/

Top Bottom