Wind turbine's.

Harvey69

I really don't mind wind turbine's, i think they look quite nice and help to supply green electricity, but to place one by the cricket club which can be seen from almost everywere is beyond me.
It was'nt that long ago that the council were turning down plans by farmer to erect wind turbine's, but it's ok to put one on the out skirts of Penzance.

treeve

Major Contributor
Interesting question; tell us more of the proposal, position, power, height and diameter of blades. I have to add that society is quite insane. The area used to have wind and water mills, yet it has opted for fossil fuel and its depravity of excavation, movement and storage, its dependency in occupation and its legacy upon the landscape and townscape, then the fickleness of government and commerce, with depleting sources, and now the politically motivated 'global warming' hype and its panic measures, will only serve to make life even less of a pleasure than it has been with even more machines dominating our landscape and even more laws, rules and regulations to be devised by ignorant nanny-state driven bureaucrats.

Harvey69

Wind turbine's

I have uploaded two photo's of the wind turbine and it is probably about 75-80 ft in height.

treeve

Major Contributor
I see those pictures, thank you. I see nothing to change my mind. We are about to see the spread of small personal power supplies across the landscape and townscape until we head back to the modern verson of the industrial blight of machinery and chimneys (minus smoke). As single units, yes they have a sculptural charm, except to a bird in flight, mind you 'the experts' state it is not a hazard, but last time I looked none of 'the experts' had feathers and none of them spoke swan or pigeon. Bureaucracy has a habit of looking at subjects in isolation and having blinkered vision, at that. The old farm pumps run by standing windmills made more sense to me as they present to a bird a circular obstacle, rather than this which offers none, except the leading edge of a giant blade as it sweeps down on the unwitting bird. But then, it is like a lot of sights that are popping into our landscape now. Little thought for local opinion and impact on scenery.

fleagle

When the turbines first appeared in the fields on the A.30 I thought it was a bit of a novelty; then like Topsy they seemed to keep on growing and now they are becoming a blot on the landscape. I hear endless 'green' arguments for them, however, as they appear more and more on belts of green land I haven't noticed my electricity bills becoming cheaper. Someone is making some money somewhere! I expect if I applied to erect one in my back garden giving me free electricity I would have my application turned down. ::14:

Last edited:

CHILLYWILLY

Take a look at the book 'The Wind Farm Scam ' author John Etherington, or google David Bellamy's research into this topic. It all makes for a very interesting read.
:eek:

treeve

Major Contributor
Thanks for that - a good read. As I have said elsewhere in these threads, the Global Warming Scare is a Lie. Political and Commercial. Genuine documents have been altered and figures changed to back up a vicious campaign. There is no doubt that Man makes a difference and that population growth does have an effect, but there are more powerful forces at work here than can be considered let alone be 'created' by Man. Pollution is one thing, with biochemical invasion from commercial shipping (exterior of hulls) etc, but to look at carbon in isolation is short sighted and is aimed at increasing global taxation and control of human activity. Water mills operated as long as the river flowed, Windmills only operate as long as the wind blows at a certain pressure as the old ones knew, and milled corn when the mill was turning. Translate that into modern terms and you have a moder fairy tale. I do not trust any of the jokers who are at the top, they are either weak in the brain cell department or weak in the alliegance department.

tabtab13

Wind turbines - all part of the long term plan to go to nuclear power, I reckon.

The government stance being that's where they want to go so we're fed information such as coal, oil and gas are limited resources (true), costly plus the 'green house gas connection' therefore not viable long term.

Ok, so you want 'green' - we'll build thousands of wind turbines to keep you happy and to appear we're in touch with the public concerns.

What?! You don't want them all over the countryside? Well, that's the way it's going to have to be. Further down the line, activist groups put a stop to increasing numbers of turbines and the government response is to 'bow to public concern' and push ahead with nuclear power stations as the only 'viable option'.

The result? Large profits for those running the nuclear power companies, 'grateful' donations made to the government by said companies and no decrease in energy supply cost to Joe Public - due to high investment costs or any of a number of other reasons/excuses.

And then following on from that we have the fear of 'terrorist attacks' on the nuclear power plants - so another excuse for the government to keep an eye on us all, infringing into more of our personal freedoms, watching us, monitoring us.

So all in all, a win-win situation for those at the top.

Job done.

Top Bottom