What's the difference

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Thought I'd start a light hearted discussion on what's the difference.
I know it seems nuts and you might think
I knew that!
But there are lots of things that we find out one day, and think to ourselves I probably should have already known that.
For instance only 15 years ago I discovered the difference between deodorant and antiperspirant.
For those of you who don't yet know Antiperspirant helps prevent you sweat and deodorant helps prevent the smell.
But until I bothered to find out I just grabbed a can from the supermarket shelve and sprayed it on.

Mind you I'm still wondering what is the difference between bio and non bio?

Have any of you discovered the difference between something quite ordinary that you should have already known?::1:

treeve

Major Contributor
non-bio is simple .. it does not use the biological action in cleansing by the activity of enzymes eating away the soiled area, rather like a stomach uses enzymes to increase activity and performance. Enzymes are Nature's Catalysts.

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Love discoveries:
I now know the difference between bacon that spits whilst you fry it and bacon that doesn't.
Supermarket bacon is injected with water to make it weigh more and therefore cost more. Yet when being fried it spits when the water makes contact with the hot pan and oil/fat from the bacon.
Butchers bacon is natural and therefore does not spit as much if at all ::1:
The same is true about sausages I'm told ::5:

treeve

Major Contributor
As much as I do not subscribe to the Cholesterol theory, keep off food fried in anything other than olive oil, in fact - better keep off fried foods and grill it.

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Well the only thing that puts me off about fried bacon and sausages was the fact that I would be splattered with hot oil. Oil would be up the wall and all over the cooker. But real butchers sausages and bacon doesn't make a mess.
Talking about fried food though I am a bit partial to the occational fry up ::7:
Looooooooove fried bread in real butter ::13:

Top Bottom