Unusual Christmas pressies

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
Thought I'd start this thread in the hope of uncovering the most unusual or thoughtful gift this Christmas.
I'll start it off with some of the gifts that we received.

Beddy bear. This is a standard size teddy bear and in all honesty you'll not know the difference between a conventional teddy and this one , except the weight. It ways much more than the usual teddy.
The idea of Beddy Bear is to place it in the microwave for 2 minutes on full blast and then it acts like a hot water bottle but stays warmer for a longer time.

Another unusual present was the microwaveable slippers. The idea is much the same as the Beddy Bear but keep your feet warm for up to a few hours after you've put them in the microwave for 2 mins.
Sparky found out that these could also be placed in the freezer to cool you down in the hot summer or aid arthritis.

Anti Monopoly. A game like monopoly except it takes two teams to play it. One team are basically the honest business team and have to set fair rents and play by the rules, the other team are the opposite and basically play the game to rip off everyone... (sort of criminals of the game). I understand that they can set rent to whatever they think they can get.
The interesting thing about this twist in Monopoly is that it's not that straight forward who is going to win..... despite the overwhelming advantages of one group.

A shopping trolley. I know... not that unusual. But this one had four wheels, swivel front wheels and a quality steel framework so that it can take serious weight. The wheels are big too and not like other shopping trolleys. These wheels cope well with pavements and have suspension as well.

Anyone else get anything unusual?

treeve

Major Contributor
To me, the most incredible gift anyone can give, beyond being there for the other person, is to not to have been asked for a list of 'would like to haves' but to be presented with a mystery gift that when opened shows you that all year and before, they have been listeneing to you and have picked up on every little word that you have spoken and have gone out of their way to find that little thing that they then know will make all the difference, because you then know that they care about you, it does not have to be half the contents of the jewellers, or the latest piece of technology, something that says, I know what makes you 'tick' or something that 'says' I hope this keeps you warm because I care about you. Someting that states ... I know who you are, I don't want you to change, just be there for me..... For me, this year that is a Campri hat.
It is just great.

Top Bottom