Tongue Twisters ...

treeve

Major Contributor
On the same line as what is the proportion of times that a buttered piece of bread lands, that it lands butter down? You would think more, but it goes beyond gravity and aerodyanamics, it goes into degrees of manual projection, type of bread and that wonderful ingredient chance .. stands an equal chance so it is said. So, scientists waste food and time in such a thing ....

Now, who can curl/roll their tongue into a tube between their teeth, like a straw???? It used to be said that it was genetic, until some bright spark set up a work lab experiment and it was discovered that twins from the same womb were also divided ... some could, some could not. So, why is it possible for some to do it and others not? What purpose could it serve in life? It requires a whole series of muscular and nerve impulses to operate. Why?? Is there some power of speech, now lost, or was it devised by ancient man as an early straw? Maybe it helped to allow ancient man to communicate by whistling louder to his mate?
Or maybe it gave him the power to lick out the soup bowl??? ::6:

tabtab13

Yes - I can do this, but as for why, I've no idea. If I had to guess, I would say it was something to do with verbal communication in some shape or form, I can't think of any other biological reason, such as say taste, etc.

Be interesting to see if there's any photographic evidence of the other Great Apes able to do the same thing. Or any other animal, come to that.

Top Bottom