'Phone Line Tax

treeve

Major Contributor
I have just received one of those circulating emails asking for signatures to the appeal Petition to stop the 'phone line tax'.
However, it includes a gross error.
It is of course entirely up to the individual what they do.

It is 50 pence per MONTH (not week, which is what the email claims it to be), meaning a total of £6 per YEAR on FIXED LINES. Hardly a drop in the ocean when considering the amount of money spent on utterly useless trash and alcohol, cigarettes by the individual. If it pays for Infrastructure, what is the gripe? The Conservatives claim they will 'abolish the tax, if elected'. It is all very well a party using electioneering, appealing to the voters (if they exist), but the money HAS to come from somewhere. It will still come from YOUR pockets.
It was Maggie Thatcher took away the country's income, selling off all your assetts. What is more it was her policy that de-regulated the Banks in this country.

Besides, there is a three month consultation period, where YOU can voice you opinion.
check the voice of sanity at
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/n...ion-govt-wants-your-views-on-fibre-10271.html

I can only assume that the public prefer to have better infrastructure and faster more reliable broadband; to expect that for nothing is expecting too much, I fear.

Business (the hardest hit of the groups) pressure has been to add the tax to hand held devices, such as mobile phones. Who are your friends?

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom