Lou's Shoes

treeve

Major Contributor
Today, I looked at the apology for footwear that I was about to slip on. As they slipped off, more through gravity than any choice that I may have made, it was obvious that they had had it, and were now more of a danger to wear than any reason I had to wear them would allow. I had bought these three years ago. Good value, no question. The best value I had ever had in slippers. Most had lasted 14 months, some less. In the end, they all become a hazard, a lethal hazard. Either the tops disintigrate or the soles detach, and worse, the edge of the slipper separates and leaves a trail of edging to trip over. Money was now a secondary consideration. Explain that one to the ambulance staff as I am carried up the path on the wheelchair. ?'The reason you came was because I was too tight to look after myself, and I tripped over the cat on the stairway?'. Oh, no, new slippers it had to be. The slippers that had departed this world were from Lou's Shoes. So with memories of a lovely lady that served me three years ago, I went in. I was greeted by the same lovely smile, and she tracked down the slippers, quickly as she instantly recognised them and found the right size - never an easy task, as I have feet that could be used to form boats (size 11), but the slippers were on the shelf. None of the 'I can order it for you'. It was there. The available selection is massive. It is one of those shops that is a total pleasure to visit. Thank you.

It set me thinking.
How many of you wear slippers?
My sister in law for example wears Totes.
I know some people who wear shoes ALL day long.
How long do slippers last you?
Do you keep to the same type, or vary it?

treeve

Major Contributor
Play on words ...
Lou's Shoes ....
'loose shoes' might slip ...
they would be slippers?

fleagle

I always wear shoes around the house during the day (not my outdoor pair) however, when the 'day is dusted' I kick them off and slip into my green velvet type slippers with a teddy bear picture on them, if it is cold then on come the calf length pink ones with fur on the rims. When the grand-children are at my place then I like to amuse them by wearing the ones which are Mallard Ducks. I bought them a few years ago at Freeman, Hardy & Willis, where Samuels is now.

treeve

Major Contributor
What a lovely picture of cosiness you paint. It appears that you are the only member that immerses their pedal extremities in warmth and softness, with a dash of indulgence ... the comfort zone.

tabtab13

I haven't worn slippers for ages - I've got a pair of Clarks leather open toe 'sandals' which are great for outdoors during the summer, and then worn inside during the winter with socks. Not a great look, but then, a man in his home ....!

As a young teenager, both my brother and I had slippers and we'd write swear words on the bottom, or if we were feeling more artistic, hands with fingers in different positions - I'm sure you get the drift.

By positioning our legs in certain directions while watching tv, we could show each other what was on the bottom of our soles. Mother couldn't see this and would get annoyed at our childish giggling, which unfortunately, encouraged us more. Seem to remember we got caught out once which was followed by a clip around the head. You'd have thought that would have stopped us, but sadly, no ....
::11:

Top Bottom