Lescudjack School "Houses"

duffy

I was chattting to Sparky last night, as you do, well maybe not from Oman very often!! Anyway, I remembered that we used to have "Houses" at Lescudjack. I remeber the names of three of them, RESTOMAL, LANDER and TREVITHICK but can't for the life of me remember the fourth!!

We were given a shield shaped badge that was in your house colour, mine was Restormal and was yellow.

Anybody remember the details of the others?? Anyone still have theirs? Perhaps a scanned picture would jolt people's memories.??? ???

Duffy :D :D

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
I spoke to Reese Owen (Taffy) an English teacher at Lescudjack from 1959 - 1980. He says that there were only three houses and the ones you listed were correct. He can only remember the Restormal colour as that was his house..... and yes that was yellow.
More to follow soon T{

In my day at Lescudjack, there were 4 coloured houses-Blue-Red-Green-Yellow. These were named St.Mawes, St. Michaels, Restormel, and Pendennis. I hope this answers your query.

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
hmm, perhaps there were house changes at some stage. I remember that the houses were named after castles.... I'll ask about and see if we can't get a comprehensive list of houses and dates. :)

Yep! JohnW is correct,

Pendennis = Red
St.Mawes = Blue
Restormal = Yellow
St.Michaels = Red

I'm pretty sure the colours are correct.

Evo

Planet Penwith

Super User
Oh yeah! I remember those. In my day it was:

RESTOMAL - Yellow
LANDER - Red
TREVITHICK - Green
GRENVILLE - Blue

I think! :-\ lol. I know I was in Trevithick

I've never heard of the last 3 there. The ones I remember are the castles as I posted, I was at the school from 1971 - 1977 though so it may be that he "houses" changed before or after my time at Lescudjack.

Evo

Hi, Duffy your memory is well out.When we started yellow wasTrencrom,red wasSt Michaels,blue was Poldhu, not sure what green was.Part way through our time they were changed,yellow to Restormel,red stayed St michaels,blue to St Mawes and green Pendennis.The early ones were all HILLS and the later ones CASTLES.Some duff spelling by the way,some of our teachers would have had a bit to say.

feeba281 said:
I was there from 71 to 76 and grenville was a house name and it was blue

feeba281, we were there at the same time and I cannot for the life of me remember a house called Grenville. We were allocated houses in the first year I'm pretty sure, and stuck with the same one throughout. Anyone else got more info??

Evo

missp

Evo said:
Yep! JohnW is correct,

Pendennis = Red
St.Mawes = Blue
Restormal = Yellow
St.Michaels = Red

I'm pretty sure the colours are correct.

Evo
hi evo, pendennis was green ,the others are correct thou

House/Team names and colours

::1:Hang on guys, I think some people are getting mixed up with House/Team colours from St. Paul's. I was at Lescudjack from '74 'til 79. All the houses/Teams were named after castles. I was in Pendennis-Green throughout I think the others were;
Restormal-Yellow
St.Michaels-Red
St.Mawes-Blue
I Remember Pendennis being green as I was griping about having to get a new rugby shirt on leaving St. Paul's as I was in;
Grenville-Blue others were
Davy-Red
Trevithick-Green
Lander-Yellow.......I think

Last edited:

bear

OK I can't remember all the colours, but Pendennis was definitely green. I was at Lescudjack from 1963 -1968ish. The house names were
Pendennis
Restormel
St Michaels
St Mawes.
Named (as has been said) after castles.
One big change whilst I was there was the school blazer badge. When I started it was a gold/yellow castle on a black background, but later it was changed to the Penzance type emblem. i.e The fisherman, the tin miner and the chough framing the 15 bezants, with the school motto beneath reading "honour before honours". I think I can still remember the words of the school song. Written I believe by Mr Harris.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleagle

Thought I would mention Hayle School; the 'houses' in the 1960's were:

Carwyn - blue
Tolroy - yellow
Penhale - red
Godrevy - green

I think Carwyn and Tolroy were 'manors', Godrevy I'm assuming is after the lighthouse, I donot know about Penhale. There does not seem to be a connection between the names, however I am sure there is someone who knows the answer.

Lescudjack School Song

There’s a school whose name an honour gives
To the county of its birth,
Lescudjack for undying fame,
High aim and honest worth,
High aim and honest worth
For the beating of our eager hearts
Gives rhythm to the song,
And honour rings like trumpet call
To speed our journey long.
May our steps be ever steady
May our hearts be ever strong,
And the school still flourish as we march along.

Forward out school.
Singing this song
Shoulder to shoulder
Still going strong
On to your goal,
Each ardent soul,
Forward brave comrades
Forward our school

There’s a school we honour with our hearts,
‘Tis the school we love the best,
We will not fear to face the world
Whatever be the test,
Whatever be the test.
Lescudjack we belong to thee,
May all our hearts be true
May thy fame rise throughout the years
May thy praise all renew.
So, rising like a banner
Still pointing to the skies,
May the school go ever onward, ever rise:-

Wow!!!

I never knew we had a school song, can't remember it ever being sung. Pity really, it's rather good. I'll write it down if that's ok?

Oh bleddy hell I think I remember I was in red house but can't for the life of me remember what it was called This was 1975/1980!! Don't know why but I'm sure Pendennis was yellow that year and St Mawes Purple but maybes I'm wrong It was long time ago lol

Top Bottom