I fancy listening to a bit o' metal

Planet Penwith

Super User
Right now Im listening to a Canadian band called Coney Hatch, their second album "Outta Hand". Blinking good album ::15:. So what's everyone currently listening to and enjoying?

treeve

Major Contributor
Polish group - Riverside, metal mixed with hip-hop and progressive rock. Makes everyone else sound like they are playing the Sound of Music. If you want something with kick-a** then try Sweet Sound. Metal with attitude and good inspiring lyrics - Gotthard are the group. The sweetest sound I have ever heard is that from the Wailin Jennys; still looking for something to top Hawkwind Electric Tepee .... Jean Michele Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Pink Floyd .... Djem, simply the best blues rock group in Europe..... Ain't no one with a better voice than Pegky Zina ... What was the question? ... ::18:

symons55

Staff member
Eric Clapton... Crossroads dvd, followed by Concert for George dvd. followed by a lot more ::15:

fleagle

At the moment on Pirate F.M. there is a non smoking advert/song. On Saturday at Mazey Day I was astounded when Bob McCreadie said the group singing it was Uriah Heep. In my Winter Garden days you were guaranteed to see me head banging to "Gypsy" by said band. I absolutely adore this song. My long blonde hair would be flying and my head spinning around. No wonder I now suffer with neck problems. Oh the good old days of 'freaking out' at The Wintz. :eek:

symons55

Staff member
Did bar work at the Wintz in the late 60's before moving to the Barn. In the 80's supported some of the bands that went there, Marmalade, Mud, Tremelos, Alvin Stardust and more. Shame the place ever shut. ::4:

symons55 said:
Did bar work at the Wintz in the late 60's before moving to the Barn. In the 80's supported some of the bands that went there, Marmalade, Mud, Tremelos, Alvin Stardust and more. Shame the place ever shut. ::4:

Hi mate,

Ahhh the Wints, Ramones, Sex Pistols etc, etc the very very good old days

Evo

Planet Penwith

Super User
fleagle said:
At the moment on Pirate F.M. there is a non smoking advert/song. On Saturday at Mazey Day I was astounded when Bob McCreadie said the group singing it was Uriah Heep. In my Winter Garden days you were guaranteed to see me head banging to "Gypsy" by said band. I absolutely adore this song. My long blonde hair would be flying and my head spinning around. No wonder I now suffer with neck problems. Oh the good old days of 'freaking out' at The Wintz. :eek:

Oooh yeah...Gypsy...great song on the Very 'eavy...very 'umble album. Still got the original one...still a classic. Great voice that David Byron. :eek:)

fleagle

One of David Whites' year on Radio Cornwall this week was 1973. The Sweet, Status Quo, Suzi Quatro, Nazareth and Slade;I saw them all at the Wintz. I remember coming home on the Blue Bus from Tech at 5p.m.(probably 1972, I would have to check my diary) and the queue to see Hawkwind was all the way up Alexandra Road. I could not get in so I had to listen outside. It seems hard to believe these groups every played at such a small venue.

symons55

Staff member
The Stones, Gino Washington, Dave dee, dozy, Mick and Tich, countless others. The wints was the start of many tours, followed by the Flamingo and up thro the country. Ahhhhh good old days. ::15:

treeve

Major Contributor
Stand by for incoming ... what I want to know is why don't we get any decent bands coming to Cornwall anymore??? Last brilliant concert was The Australian Pink Floyd. Come On - let's have some MUSIC in Cornwall. I am not saying that Cornwall has no talent, by the way. I do not see anything that proves the fact, nor do I hear of any decent music touring Cornwall, etc. I know ex Faces Rod Stewart was here recently but not my cuppa. It is years since we had Chris de Burgh.

treeve

Major Contributor
Each to his own ... not top of my list, but a great show by a very talented person, a true chanteur, and the group was simply amazing. All that and a very happy wife, what more could you want?

tabtab13

Treeve - you should check out Hawkwind's Space Ritual (if you're not familiar with it) - a double album of Hawkwind at their best. Found a second hand vinyl copy when I was around 17 at Chy an Stylus, listened to it on headphones and I was away!

Needless to say, the first Motorhead album is a classic - as they got more polished, they seemed to lose something for me.

Anyone remember seeing Motorhead at The Wintz round about Jan '78 I think? I got right to the front and have memories of the dry ice machine going into overdrive at the end! Loudness redefined.

Top Bottom