Hilarious Comments Found On Sites Like Youtube or The Cornishman etc

ibrowze

Whilst doing some research as I like to keep my repertoire refreshed for the sake of both the listener and myself I regularly use Youtube as a reference point to refresh my memory as to how some of the golden classic songs go.
Today whilst looking at a Tony Bennett page for 'If I Ruled The World' I came across the following comment which I've edited for obvious reasons but it really is an honest reflection from a youngster about today's music culture:
i know right lol but ferreal tho tony bennet is too vicious! im 19 years old i dont like all music thas playing of my generation all dat soulja boy b******t think its garbage hahabut singers like tony and sinatra and dean there tha ppl who gave inspirations of singers today
Clearly an example of the 'dumbing down' that's prevalent in today's society ppl. Here's the link to the song:
YouTube - Tony Bennett / If I Ruled the World
I was wondering, has anyone else seen any suitably interesting comments during their surfing expeditions on the net?

Halfhidden

Untouchable
Administrator
That is an interesting link. I have to say I find it hard to read this new form of text language... and I must admit it annoys me as well. That said I guess I have to accept it as part of our culture.
He has a point though!
I spent 20 years in the music industry and whereas I once enjoyed listening to new styles of music, cutting edge stuff. I can't help getting annoyed when hearing a terrible song with 4 lyrics slapped on a repetitive background very similar, but not quite identical to every other record in the charts.
Mind you... not all modern music is terrible. When a good song comes along it shines light a lighthouse... Talent oozes from every cord and it's nice and refreshing to her an artist sing with passion and professionalism.... it does still happen :)
I'm hooked on a song by Train it's called "Hey soul sister" anyone else like this?

Top Bottom