Hi from bikerlen.

bikerlen

Im bikerlen,living in somerset now, but many relations etc still living in the penzance area. many happy hours spent visiting my aunt ollie in custom house lane, in the late 50s and early 60s before they pulled the houses down. remember very well the smell of the gas at night, also the penny in slot meter. and very many happy hours spent playing in or around abbey slip. yes happy memorys come flooding back. look forward to many happy times on your forum. bikerlen.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
Hiya Bikerlen, welcome to our site and if you need any help at all then feel free to contact me or any of the administrators (in red) who will be happy to help.
I wander if you had sunshine in somerset today? as we had a really sunny day today in Penzance, (makes a change!)
best wishes Sparky

bikerlen

Hi sparky, thanks for reply, yes we sure did have the sun here today in somerset. i see you had sunshine there today, as every morning soon as im awake i look in on the webcam from the cliff hotel.did notice to you had heavy rain yesterday morning. it got up to somerset before 10am. once again thanks for welcome. bikerlen.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
quite a few members use the cliff hotel webcam....yeah we dodged the showers in the morning, turned out nice in afternoon though.
look forward to seeing more posts from you, catch you later Sparky

bear

Hi Bikerlen.

Good to here from you. I remember the old gas works, and as a kid I used to walk past them a night after fishing off the pier. Every now and then they would give off a really loud hiss by the loading shutes( for coak). Some irk told me it was a dragon, and it used to frighten the hell out of me.

Top Bottom