Crafts and Hobbies

tabtab13

I've recently posted some pictures of the jewellery my wife Nancy has made in her spare time. She gets great satisfaction and pleasure from doing so, and as a bonus, she has also sold some of the pieces she has made.

Any other members make anything - either as a hobby or as a job?

Perhaps you paint (as I know treeve does) or play music (as I know S55 does)?

Or perhaps you make models, or knit and embroider, etc.

I'd be interested to hear about what creative things other members get up to.

symons55

Staff member
Another hobby aprt from music is motorbikes, I have two a Yamaha Virago 535 and a Kawasaki GPZ 1100 Sports Tourer, there's not a lot better than on a hot summers day than to go for a cruise somewhere. Wind and sun on you, brill. ::15:

46traveller

I like to mess round with elderly Washburn guitars, only electrics, acoustics I leave to the pros. Gives me a great deal of enjoyment when an early eighties instrument is repaired and back to life. They're getting harder to find now, but the occasional one pops up on ebay or in the papers. Trouble being that Japanese guitars of that era are now collectors items, and they are willing to pay whatever it costs for the right model. Nothing gets rid of worry and stress quicker than resusitating an elderly guitar, plugging it in and hearing it's voice, very rewarding.

sparky

Authoritarian
Staff member
Administrator
I have just looked through the many pics of Nancy's jewellery and they are really beautiful, she certainly has talent for making these wonderful pieces.
I myself love doing jigsaws, although I havent done so for a couple of years now, been too busy on here and selling items on Ebay which I suppose you can call a hobby as well.
also now that HH has put in the arcade....well I love playing those retro games too when I have time!!

symons55

Staff member
@46t love the old ones as well, my fav is my Hofner President Blond, dated 1960, which I used on stage for a long time and it's followed by my Fender Jazz Bass dated 1970 which I still use, love the older guitars they have so much history.

46traveller

Hi symons55, had a 76 Strat but got tempted with a good offer and took it. Tried a few since and TBH their name is the only thing that sounds the same, a lot of money for a name on a headstock. Mind you their Bass guitars are still very well regarded. Like you I prefer something with a story behind it, as long as it's a good story of course.

symons55

Staff member
I agree, the Hofner and Fender I've had since the early 70's, the Hofner was £100 and the Fender £150 they both now have a lot of storys to tell. In the back room I also have a 70's strat copy and an old Columbus bass. As you say copies are all very well but you can't beat the real thing. Like you I've tried many differant guitars but none can beat the old ones that I have. I would love to have a play on the Washburn, bet it's got a really nice sound and feel.

symons55

Staff member
@46 traveller, if you look in my folder under smiler and offshoots there are photos of the guitars, have you uploaded any of yours? I'd be interested to see them.

46traveller

Hi again, yeah I'll grab a look at your pics tomorrow. Not sure how to up load pics yet, might be easier to PM you a link to my photobucket site, save messing about. I'll sort it tomorrow, just don't blame me if you get "GAS" (Guitar Aquisition Syndrone) terrible affliction.

Top Bottom