Angels?

treeve

Major Contributor
In trying to find a path and seeking some peace and resolution, I come across the age old question of Angels - The Messengers of God, as they are. Great prominence in popular culture is that of the almost Zoroastrian Guardian Angel, the personal support at your shoulder as it is seen in this Age. There is a history of Angels depicted in art, a continuing culture of Angels in folklore and especially in personal experience. The avenging destructive forms being made the subject of a number of films and TV stories, those taken from the Hebrew Beliefs. Biblical references to Angels did not occur until late in the proceedings; appearances described as 'a man' and no name given. The Hebrew Bible refers to Gabriel and Michael, in the book of Daniel. I have been trying to identify and describe each Angel as they appear, over the years. They play an extraordinary part in the Workings, despite their apparent position as 'mere messengers'. The idea that Angels are connected in personal ways to each human soul does not so far appear in my readings. Hope Price and Glennyce Eckersley write of such experiences. I started studying the Kabbalah some years ago but, as is usual, I have lost the book's whereabouts. It will re-appear at the appropriate time, I have no doubt. There are besides the Hebrew and Biblical Angels, those found in Islamic belief and in Sikhism. I even consider some elements of Egyptian Theism to be of the 'messenger of god' type. My family have been visited by Messengers. There is a powerful tradition in the family of white feathers appearing at times of spiritual need. I have been told that we all have guardian angels; though I have myself been sceptical, through the most extraordinary trail of events, I not only know that I do have one, but I know her name and I know why contact has been made. It also answers the question that I had about numbers of angels and just what happens to souls.
So, I wondered if anyone else Believes in Angels?
Are they personal to you? Are they connected with place? Have you ever had contact?

ibrowze

Angels in human form

Having heard the expression "oh thankyou, you are an angel", I believe that angels can be perceived as the likes of, Louis Armstrong, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi, Danny Kaye, oh and erm...David Icke to name but a handful. People who give their lives to spread enlightenment for the betterment of humankind.

trepolpen

Major Contributor
In 495 A.D., it is said that we had an apparition of one such angel 3 miles from Penzance! Why did such a legend give rise to so many pilgrimages?
apparitionstmichael.jpg

treeve

Major Contributor
Indeed, I have discussed this point in the thread Spanish Influence, as to the 'St Michaels's Way', the influx of an apparent Spanish group of names and pilgrimages. It would be interesting to replot the shoreline, for that date, to compare with this delightful painting. You can effectively take the line near 12% of the difference between 50BC and the present, it is not that far removed from the time when complaints were being levelled about incursion of the sea. The key point about a vision is that for sceptics the position of the vision was before sunrise and before glass windows.

Top Bottom